Deft and dexterous.
Here are the side surround and rear surround speakers mounted. I went with some basic Sony bookshelf speakers. I could have gone with some higher grade surrounds and dropped $500, but I didn't. One, it would've been overkill for the space I'm in. Two, I'm on a budget. Three, any audiophiles out there who find this offensive can bite my ass.
When I was growing up I played a little bit of Dungeons & Dragons. One of my friends played as a thief. He called his character Dexter Nimblefingers. Well, that's what comes to mind when I look at this picture. You see, I stole this 7.1 surround sound wallplate from a Best Buy down the road. Like candy from a baby. The cost....five fingers and a pair of balls.The other reason I'm reminded of my adventures with Dexter is because of the cramped quarters when it comes to hooking up wires to this gold plated baby. I ran 14 guage wire for all my speakers and they all terminate right behind this plate. Connecting the wires to the binding posts had me wishing I had the hands of a 4 year old for that hour of my life. Getting everything stuffed into the two gang box the wallplate is mounted to, defied more than a few laws of physics. Luckily sound came out of all the speakers during my test run.
Oh, and I was kidding about that whole stealing the wallplate from Best Buy thing earlier. Actually, it was Circuit City.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home