The importance of stretching.
I had to tweak the frame in the previous post. It was a bit flimsy and the corners weren't flush. I got a heavy duty "L" bracket and borrowed a sander from my trusty friend, Ben. After about an hour I was back in business. The frame was sturdy and the corners were flush.
I bought some unprimed canvas from a local art supply store. I had only strecthed material over a frame one other time, so this was still a relativiely new experience for me. The canvas is pretty heavy duty stuff. I used plyers and a staple gun and slowly worked my way around the frame.
After about an hour and some raw fingers tips this is what I ended up with. It's not exactly 16:9, but that's all part of the plan. This gives you an idea of the size of the screen.
I bought some unprimed canvas from a local art supply store. I had only strecthed material over a frame one other time, so this was still a relativiely new experience for me. The canvas is pretty heavy duty stuff. I used plyers and a staple gun and slowly worked my way around the frame.
After about an hour and some raw fingers tips this is what I ended up with. It's not exactly 16:9, but that's all part of the plan. This gives you an idea of the size of the screen.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home