A garage at heart.
My goal with all this is to keep the functionality of the garage as a garage if need be. The idea being that all I gotta do is roll up the carpet and I could pull a car in. This left me with the challenge of the garage door. I didn't want to do any permanent alteration to the door, like drywalling over it. So I sketched out some ideas that would preserve the functionality of the door. This represents the first couple of steps in that process. I painted part of the door's framework black. I wrapped some sound board in acoustically transparent cloth and covered 95% of the door. I used pipe insulation around the edges of the door. All of this is not going to keep all the sound in and/or out, but it should be an acceptable compromise.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home