Wednesday, June 21, 2006

An idea and some 2x4's.

One of the not so desirable aspects of this space is the fact that I have to deal with a water heater, a washer, a sink, a dryer and a furnace. Sure I could build some sort of laundry room addition to the house and relocate everything there. That would cost more bucks than I really want to spend. I'm not going for THX certification on this project. I simply want a place to sit and watch films and play an occassional video game on a 110" screen in the dark. With what I have planned it'll look great and the sound will be impressive.

I decided to build some simple studwall framing around the offending appliances. Here's what I had in mind.
The idea is to cover the open areas with some heavy curtains to help control the sound reflections. I realize this is by no means perfect, but you know what they say about lemons, life and lemonade? That being said, I read up on building studwalls and purchased some wood.

Here you can see the framing for the washer, dryer, sink and furnace. The picture below is the front left of the garage. I needed a place to run some wires and dampen the sound a bit. Thus a small studwall was born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home